1 person in custody after Manchester, NH standoff
MANCHESTER, N.H. (WHDH) -- Police have one person in custody after a standoff at a Manchester building.
A man was brought out of a house and taken into police custody before 12 p.m. Tuesday. This came after police entered the house located on the 800 block of Clay Street.
Several blocks were still blocked off on Tuesday afternoon. Police told people to stand back.
SWAT officers, the FBI and police are still on the scene.
Manchester police said the incident started around 4:30 a.m. A Manchester resident reported to police that a man she didn’t know was knocking on her door, asking her to call police. That man told police he had been assaulted and held against his will nearby.
Police said they then got additional information indicating the suspect or suspects in the case were potentially armed. That’s when SWAT was deployed to the area.
Police went back inside the house after the man was brought into custody.
Stay with 7NEWS and WHDH.com for updates to this developing story. If you have information related to the story, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.