Family of slain Dorchester teen give tearful testimonies
DORCHESTER, Mass. (WHDH) -- Friday morning in Suffolk Superior Court, family members of the teenage boy gunned down in Dorchester two years ago, delivered emotional victim impact statements.
"Nicholas never did anything bad to anyone, and certainly not to you two animals who decided to take his life," said Fomby-Davis’ aunt, Angela Fomby.
Friday was sentencing day for 18-year-old Joshua Fernandes and 22-year-old Crisostomo Lopes. Tensions ran high in the court room as court officers had to separate the family members of the suspect from family members of the boy.
The jury took less than four hours Thursday to deliver a guilty verdict for the 2010 shooting of 14-year-old Nicholas Fomby-Davis. Fomby-Davis had been riding his scooter outside two open restaurants when he was shot multiple times.
"That day all my nephew wanted was a joyride on that scooter," said Angela Fomby.
Friday morning, his father, Nate David, had a message for his son’s killers.
“Two years older than my son. You should have been teaching him how to play basketball. Your only intention when you pick up the gun is to kill.”
Angela Fomby also spoke, “You didn’t just kill my nephew. You broke my son's spirit, he was my son's everything. They were inseparable. They did everything together. My son has not been the same since nor do I think he will ever be.”
Both men begin serving their sentences, life without the possibility of parole, at Cedar Junction in Walpole.
Their attorneys said they will appeal. The District Attorney said justice has been served.