Summertime is the perfect time to picnic in the park and at the Ritz-Carlton Boston, they will pick a gourmet meal for you, in a basket you get to keep! 7's Sarah French shows us what's cooking.
Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Mini Heirloom Tomatoes (1 pt )
Fresh mozzarella or Burrata cheese (1 cup)
Basil Pesto [see below] (1 oz)
Extra Virgin Olive oil (2 oz)
Fleur de Sel (French Sea Salt) (1 tsp)
Black Pepper, ground (TT)
Method of Preparation:
1. Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut the cheese to a similar size as the tomatoes and place in the bowl along with the tomatoes
3. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently until evenly coated.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Then fold the ingredients into a glass mason jar and place in your picnic basket.
Basil (1 oz)
Pine nuts, Toasted (1 oz)
Parmesan Cheese, Shredded (1 oz)
Garlic (1 clove)
Blended Olive oil (4 oz)
Black Pepper, Ground (TT)
Method of Preparation
1. Remove the basil leaves from their steams, rinse and then chop roughly.
2. Place the basil in a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend on medium speed until desired consistency.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.